This post is mostly for my mum, who was worried that I would “waste away” with all these new food restrictions. Which is frankly hilarious, because as long as I have a more-or-less functioning digestive system, I will be nose-deep in everything tasty I can find – and that is still many things. So here are my daily foods.
1. Avocados all the time. Sweet bacon from trees.
2. Without food allergies, I never would have found out that smoked tofu is, oh my god guys, SO DELICOUS.
3. In order to balance things out, I pretty much drown everything in either olive oil or coconut oil. King Tasty highly recommends it.
4. No changes here – my veins still run with the finest dark, bittersweet. I could eat Cathy under the table, that arm-flailing, noseless weirdo.
5. Dates. Nature’s Mars Bar.
6. I always like to have, oh, somewhere in the range of five or six multi-packs of pudding in my fridge. It’s just one of those soothing, obsessive things, for me. So there was some distress and consternation when I learned that my usual puddings would no longer cut it. Fortunately I found these decent soy replacements, which, after a few weeks, are starting to taste pretty normal (that may or may not bode well).
7. Breakfast has been an issue. But I got over my dislike of interacting with my kitchen, and started making my own granola. Because if you can’t get something done right, etc. etc. Also, I mix that up with this strange cereal my sister made me get, which is pretty much just a few nutritionally fashionable seeds, and it’s hard to even figure out what to do with it. But it’s called “Dragon’s Blend”, so it had me at hello.
8. Rice. Well, it’s not too fascinating as a list item, is it? But if you throw numbers one, two, and three on top of that fucker, it will taste pretty good.
9. I have to put peanut butter on here, because I’ve gone through three jars of it in as many weeks. Never having cared about it much in the past, suddenly I want to eat it all the time, in every possible embodiment.
And proof of tasty: